Stitching Project - Knitting Journal - Stowe House - Buckinghamshire - December 2019


This year, 2019, I have decided to explore texture & colours in my knitting. I want to record this through a journal & be inspired by my home in the English countryside or places I have visited.

Knitting Journal - December 2019

I currently design doll knitting patterns, but I know there is more to knitting than just 'stocking stitch' & trying to make the perfect looking doll, which doesn't look as if it is hand knitted. I have designed dolls, weaving colours to make pretty patterns, when actually if I had looked at different textures through knitting, I could create something more pleasing.



Stitching Project - 2019

Kaleidoscope of Leaves



My December 2019 project is based on a day trip to Stowe House, Buckinghamshire, UK. It is a great place to have long walks, or in the summer have a picnic. I took photos during the Autumn, in 2017.
Blue, Light Blue, Orange & Camel


Moss Stitch












I made a kaleidoscope pattern from the main photo, and based my colours around this image.














The colours I used were:
Blue
Light Blue
Orange
Camel






This year, I want to explore different textures, so used a 'Moss Stitch' in this project.
The stitches used in this stitch is:
- Knit
- Purl
For each row, I used a different colour, this gave a beautiful weave effect.




This concludes my Knitting Journal for 2019.

Stowe House Website






Lily Lupins Shop

Finished December 2019
Joanna Marshall - Edith Grace Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.