Stitching Journal - Knitting Journal - Canal Museum - Stoke Bruerne - August 2019


This year, 2019, I have decided to explore texture & colours in my knitting. I want to record this through a journal & be inspired by my home in the English countryside or places I have visited.


Knitting Journal - August 2019

I currently design doll knitting patterns, but I know there is more to knitting than just 'stocking stitch' & trying to make the perfect looking doll, which doesn't look as if it is hand knitted. I have designed dolls, weaving colours to make pretty patterns, when actually if I had looked at different textures through knitting, I could create something more pleasing.

Canal Museum, Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

Canal Folk Art

My inspiration was canal folk art

Red, Green, Pink & Yellow

Double Moss Stitch


My August 2019 project is based around a day trip to the Canal Museum, Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire, UK.
I love traditional canal folk art, so wanted to use this as my inspiration. I love the bright colours used & the brush strokes of the patterns.












I took a photograph of flowers along a side panel of a barge.

















In this piece of knitting, I wanted round textures in the knitted square, so I decided to knit in moss stitch.












The colours I used were:
Red
Green
Yellow
Pink














This year, I want to explore different textures, so used a 'Double Moss Stitch' in this project.
The stitches used in this stitch is:
- Knit
- Purl


Canal Museum, Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire



The Canal Museum is situated in the village of Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire, UK, which is on The Grand Union Canal.











Lily Lupins Shop

Finished August 2019
Joanna Marshall - Edith Grace Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.