Stitching Project - Knitting Journal - Avoncroft Museum of Buildings - Worcestershire - October 2019


This year, 2019, I have decided to explore texture & colours in my knitting. I want to record this through a journal & be inspired by my home in the English countryside or places I have visited.


Knitting Journal - October 2019

Stitching Project - 2019









I currently design doll knitting patterns, but I know there is more to knitting than just 'stocking stitch' & trying to make the perfect looking doll, which doesn't look as if it is hand knitted. I have designed dolls, weaving colours to make pretty patterns, when actually if I had looked at different textures through knitting, I could create something more pleasing.
Avoncroft Museum of Buildings

I used the design of the chimneys for the knitted piece


I used the colours candy red & grey

Diagonal Garter Stitch


My October 2019 project is based on a day trip to the open air Avoncroft Museum of Buildings, Worcestershire, UK. What a wonderful day we had, with our little dog & a picnic. The buildings are all original, rescued & re-built in the museum grounds.














I was really taken with the chimneys. The brick work around the chimney was really unusual, so I wanted to create a piece of knitting with this in mind.















I wanted to show the diagonal texture & pattern of the chimney.







The colours I used were:
Candy Red
Grey



This year, I want to explore different textures, so used a 'Diagonal Garter Stitch' in this project.
The stitches used in this stitch is:
- Knit
- Purl

Our little dog, enjoying the long walk

Avoncroft Museum of Buildings, Bromsgrove, UK - Website

































Finished October 2019
Joanna Marshall - Edith Grace Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.