Stitching Project - Knitting Journal - Waterperry Gardens, Oxfordshire - November 2019


This year, 2019, I have decided to explore texture & colours in my knitting. I want to record this through a journal & be inspired by my home in the English countryside or places I have visited.

Knitting Journal - November 2019

I currently design doll knitting patterns, but I know there is more to knitting than just 'stocking stitch' & trying to make the perfect looking doll, which doesn't look as if it is hand knitted. I have designed dolls, weaving colours to make pretty patterns, when actually if I had looked at different textures through knitting, I could create something more pleasing.


Stitching Project - 2019

Colours Used: Blue, Green, Pink & Lilac





My November 2019 project is based on a day trip in August to Waterperry Gardens, Oxfordshire, UK. My daughter & I had a wonderful morning, looking around the gardens. So many beautiful colours, but a very very warm day.










I sat under the arch for a very long time, as it was so warm that morning.













Knitting Stitch - Fleck Stitch






The colours I used were:
Blue
Green
Pink
Lilac










Kaleidoscope pattern of collage made from flowers & trees







I put together a collage of the main colours that I wanted to use, I then made a kaleidoscope of this collage. I used this as a base for my design.





Stitching Project



This year, I want to explore different textures, so used a 'Fleck Stitch' in this project.
The stitches used in this stitch is:
- Knit
- Purl





Waterperry Gardens Website
Lily Lupins Shop


Finished November 2019
Joanna Marshall - Edith Grace Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.