Stitching Project - Knitting Journal - Brackley, Northamptonshire - September 2019


This year, 2019, I have decided to explore texture & colours in my knitting. I want to record this through a journal & be inspired by my home in the English countryside or places I have visited.

Knitting Journal - September 2019

Tortoise Shell Butterfly
I currently design doll knitting patterns, but I know there is more to knitting than just 'stocking stitch' & trying to make the perfect looking doll, which doesn't look as if it is hand knitted. I have designed dolls, weaving colours to make pretty patterns, when actually if I had looked at different textures through knitting, I could create something more pleasing.





My September 2019 project is based on photographs taken in my back garden. All of a sudden lots of butterflies arrived on a large shrub with gorgeous purple flowers. There were so many butterflies, that my daughter and I got lots of lovely close photographs. The butterflies visited us for about a week. This is a Tortoise Shell Butterfly.
Kaleidoscope Image










From one of the photographs, I made a kaleidoscope of colours & based my colours on the finished image.








Colours were used from the butterfly wings & flower





In this piece of knitting, I wanted to show the spots of colour from the butterfly wings & the purple from the flower.







Purple, Orange, Brown & White








The colours I used were:
Purple
Orange
Brown
White






Box Stitch









This year, I want to explore different textures, so used a 'Box Stitch' in this project.
The stitches used in this stitch is:
- Knit
- Purl




Lily Lupins Shop

Finished September 2019
Joanna Marshall - Edith Grace Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.