Stitching Project - Knitting Journal - Coughton Court - June 2019


This year, 2019, I have decided to explore texture & colours in my knitting. I want to record this through a journal & be inspired by my home in the English countryside or places I have visited.



Knitting Journal - Coughton Court - June 2019

Stained Glass Window at Coughton Court
I currently design doll knitting patterns, but I know there is more to knitting than just 'stocking stitch' & trying to make the perfect looking doll, which doesn't look as if it is hand knitted. I have designed dolls, weaving colours to make pretty patterns, when actually if I had looked at different textures through knitting, I could create something more pleasing.






My June 2019 project is based around a day trip to the Coughton Court, Alcester, Warwickshire, UK. Inside the house, there were some beautiful stained glass windows, the colours are very vibrant, so I decided this will be my inspiration for my project this month.






Kaleidoscope of the basket of fruit & leaves

Colours were based on the bowl of fruit

Colours used are: Brown, Yellow & White




I used the basket of fruit & leaves from the stained glass to make a kaleidoscope pattern, to depict the main colours needed for the project. I was delighted with the finished photo, very detailed & really brings life to something historic.













In this piece of knitting, I wanted to incorporate the three dominant colours of the kaleidoscope photograph. I decided to use the 'Stocking Stitch Triangle Stitch'. I think the combination of garter stitch & stocking stitch give texture for fruit & leaves in the bowl.











The colours I used were:
Brown
Yellow
White







Stocking Stitch Triangles







This year, I want to explore different textures, so used a 'Stocking Stitch Triangles Stitch' in this project.
The stitches used in this stitch is:
- Knit
- Purl






Coughton Court







Coughton Court is a Tudor Country House in Warwickshire, owned by The National Trust. It is a Grade I listed building. The Throckmorton family owned it from 1409, the surname can be seen in the stained glass window.
Coughton Court, Warwickshire, UK













Lily Lupins Shop



Finished June 2019
Joanna Marshall - Edith Grace Designs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.